Re: [RC] 2004 WEC - FEI Legal Update - Cynthia Eyler

Rather unlikely (emphatic sarcasm here) since the first-to-finish rider (the one on the drugged horse) is an arch-rival of the OC people -- as Steph said, Dubai vs. Abu Dhabi (sp?) is a fierce rivalry.  I think that procedures weren't followed after the finish because the OC was tickled pink to be able to 'disqualify' their rival.  They were in such a hurry that they totally disregarded FEI rules.

As to why the proper notification wasn't given when the second test was to be performed, that's another matter.

Will the FEI impose sanctions on the OC?  I doubt it.  But they should.

Cindy
AERC-I member