[RC] 2004 WEC - FEI Legal Update - Linda Hedgpeth

But Truman.....

Our very presence over there was supposed to be such a positive influence in helping them learn "ethics", "morals" and "fairness"......ie., the camel jockey debate....   We Americans - the shining example they could learn from.   Must not have worked this time.   We'll just have to keep going back over and over until "they" get it....or maybe they just don't want to learn....ya think?

That kind of money can buy a lot of things...decisions, vets, officials, outcomes, etc...    This time there was a convenient little slip-up in procedure.   What will it be next time?   We all know there will be a next time because that whole attitude is about "them" winning.   Everything else be damned.   More sophisticated drugs that won't test, or just "buying" the test results.   They have already shown the world what they think of human children.   I can't imagine there is any more regard for a horse or the concept of "sportmanship".

Linda

Lets see if I have this correct. Both labs tested the urine positive for
the same compound. Both were reputable labs - but somehow they threw out
the results and let the ride results stand. Either you have a drug
policy or you don't. Sounds like the FEI has no drug policy. Or it may
be the golden rule - he who pays the bills makes the rules.

I wonder if a US rider had won and tested positive (twice) for the same
compound they would have been afforded the same treatment?

Truman