RE: [RC] What to do with horses during storms - ColleenSupersat2

I do not know anything about tornadoes...but would agree that some horses

may hurt themselves if the noise was so frightening to them.

But my horse was killed (3 years ago) by a lightening strike...She was

standing under a tall tree in the yard, I was 30 feet away from

her...talking to her between the sounds of thunder...saying You are alright

Penny you'll be just fine...moments later the lightening had struck, grabbed

her off the ground, shaking her violently then tossing her 8 feet from where

she stood. The good thing was that she was dead the moment she was struck.

Now an electric fence keeps my other horse away from standing under the

trees. My other horse stood maybe 8 feet away and was okay.