[RC] barn plans - Jackie Causgrove

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the suggestions.  Some of this I wouldn't have thought of.  Around here, barn builders are just someone I can get to build the barn (I'm in Alaska).

I won't have running water in the traditional sense.  I will have a holding tank in a heated shed.  I should explain.  The only places to haev running water in the sense of a water company etc is to live in the town proper.  There is so much permafrost and ground heave that lines can not be run.  People have big holding tanks; of some sort - there are different kinds and water is either delivered or people have trucks with water tanks on the back of them (ie self delivery.  Such is life in Fairbanks, Alaska).

I currently live in a dry cabin; which means, I haul water in 5 gallon containers (ie I am the running water).  I am horrified when I see someone just leave the water on.  I know how much that is to carry!  :)

So, those are the oddities of life up here.

Jackie-