RE: [RC] [RC] Warm water in the barn - Laurie Durgin

Well my husband put a valve in our garage where the outside water spigot comes thru the wall and tied it into the hot water pipe, has a lever you use to make the mix hot or cold. I have two long sears black lifetime guarenntee hoses that go down to my trough about 100 ft., I can wash them off down there, or by my garage--and I put quick connects on my trough which has a float valve so I can take the hose off it if I need too. The trough is backed up to our fence , so my hosres can take it apart easily.:0) I can then wash my horses in the driveway (as I keep my tack in the basement anyway,I just bring the horses past the garage and tie to the posts by the drive). Or is I want I get the water thr right temp and walk down to the barn, put a off/on spigot on the hose and wash down there a need be.
I do have to remmeber to put the level back in the cold position or itreverses the lines so everything including the toilet is hot in the bathroom!

From: "Nancy Sturm" <nsturm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Warm water in the barn
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:40:28 -0700

Does anyone have a good solution - midway between hauling buckets of warm water and a full-blown plumbing job - for getting a supply of warm water at the barn for washing off when we (actually my horse) comes in grimey and sweaty?

The barn isn't very far from the house, but I'd like to avoid permits and plumbers and spending lots of money.

Thanks.

Nancy Sturm