Re: [RC] children's horse books - Nancy Sturm

Like Chris, I also loved Maguerite Henry books, especially the Album of Horses.  But another great favorite was a book called "Canadian Entry".

Nancy Sturm

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus
Sent: 4/28/2005 9:51:23 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] children's horse books

I read all of those books too. I loved the books about ranching. I still have almost all the Black Stallion series books. I practically memorized all the Marguerite Henry books and feasted on all the Wesley Dennis illustrations. The "Album of Horses" was my favorite. I think I went through two copies of it!

I have a grandson who has had a terrible time with learning to read (don't get me started on Kansas City Kansas public schools). But he'll read the "Billy and Blaze" books!

chris

Sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I read Smoky the Cow Horse!  And most of the other horsie books my now 12 yr old daughter read. (:>)
Kathy

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus