[RC] SMB Elite sport boots - Dean A. Conti

My 13yo 15.3 QH has problems clipping his legs on the hind just above the hoof and there appears to be no resolving it with shoeing. He is visibly asymmetric in his shoulder bone structure and does not go down the trail straight (probably doesn’t help that I am asymmetric as well). We are on the third pair of boots with the following results:

1) Black foam rubber with straps thru steel rings – fit well but tore. No sores until he clipped where they tore.

2) Equipedic – not a good fit as they are absolutely flat before installation. Rubbed sore spots at high locations on leg and where the sewn edging buckles in towards the leg. (I use their saddle pad and love it but IMHO they need to work on their sport boot design).

3) SMB Elite– just got them, jury still out for further testing. They do seem fairly large.

Jimmy is out 24/7 on hilly pasture so his legs get lots of exercise. I only use the boots on hard training rides or competition and pull them off for cleaning at each VC. I want to do what is best for him. Further suggestions?

Dean & Jimmy “long legs” (with the dime size sore)