[RC] And one more related bit of trivia....endurance/childrens horse book topic - Karen Sullivan

My all time favorite horse books were the Tack Ranch series by Glenn Balch, who wrote about Ben and Dixie Darby, Idaho ranch-raised children who were fascinated with the wild herds up in the Owyhee country.  Some of the books were "Wild Horse Tamer", "Wild Horse", "Christmas Horse".  They were extremey well written, informative and fueled my determination to buy a horse.  There are TRAINING ideas that get back to basics and make a ton of sense.....

Imagine my surprise when I discover that Olin Balch, DVM, who has vetted Steph's Owyhee rides is the son of
Glenn Balch. What a great connection.  Maybe one day I will haul my young mustang to those rides and actually
see some Owyhee country!!!

BTW,

Hardback Glenn Balch books sell for pushing $100 and up....very hard to find.  When I was digging for these books on the internet, I was totally delighted to find he had written at least 4-5 more in that series I didn't know about....
Karen