Re: [RC] Purina?? I have ?'s in addition to yours on this subject - Letstalkhealth

I am also trying to decide if I want to change feed and am in the process of comparing Ultium with the one I am using now and also Strategy.  In my comparison of Protein/Fat etc. % there is a great difference in the two.  Ultium is not considered a grain,  it has much higher fat content and lower protein.  The flier on it really explains why this is needed especially for the sports that require endurance, or long periods of energy.  I do wonder though of those of you who use it do you still use beet pulp and vitamins and minerals in addition to the Ultium?  I would imagine that there isn't enough beet pulp, but wanted others who were more experienced to tell me what they do when using it.  Do you recommend it Susan G?  I am still legging up, but plan to really do some heavy (not to fast) conditioning and several 50-75 mile rides this season.

LIsa Smith  Sud Addis Arabians