Re: [RC] Purina?? I have ?'s in addition to yours on this subject - Tiffany D'Virgilio

This is just my experience. I have a fat mare and a thin mare. The thin mare I have had trouble keeping weight on in the past. I have fed Complete Advantage for a couple years and have added Ultium and flax and she is doing wonderful. No more ribs or hipbones. She doesn't get high off of it. I feed more CA than Ultium, but as long as she stays on it she does great. I know it is pricey, but it's great to NOT have a ribby horse. I have tried so many feeds, but I'm pretty sold on Purina at this point. We used senior on most of the rescues going thru the AHRN and they did well on it. As for hay, they get bermuda, three way and alfalfa/orchard mix.
The fat mare? Stays that way on thin air and three way. Maybe we are related:)
Tiffany