Re: [RC] Hooves - EquesB

In a message dated 4/26/2005 10:24 P Eastern Standard Time, karen_standefer@xxxxxxxxx writes:
But, if they were trimmed by humans, then all bets are off.  The horses that
Gene documented have never had their hooves touched by people.
Karen;

I am not sure which farm Angie visited, but, I  too have seen farms of yearlings, that had very round feet.  They had not been trimmed at all, some barely handled until after their yearling summer. I thought hoof shape was genetic?

Jackie Baker
Florida