[RC] Was: rigging pressure - Help! now: Fighting saddle fit fits. - Marv Walker

I've been reading a number of saddle fit related posts on the list
lately.

Saddle fitting is probably the most overlooked and most important area
involved in riding horses.

Years ago, when I was a professional writer, I kept a saying in front of
me: "The difference between the right word and the almost right word
is like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."  Well,
the difference between the right saddle and the almost right saddle is
also like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug.

The horse is composed of a good number of "systems" that are all
dependent on each other.  A problem in one system can cause problems
in one or more of the others.  For example, the hoof angle has a direct
bearing on the fit of the saddle and vice versa.  How the tail is placed
on the horse can affect saddle fit.  There are a number of symbiotic
relationships that are rooted in the saddle fit and vice versa.

Unless you know what to look for or you are having an obvious
problem you may not even be aware your saddle is holding you or
your horse back from the relationship you could be having with your
horse.

A saddle that appears to fit empty may not even be close when filled.
A saddle that fits at a walk may not at another gait.  A saddle can be
too long, too short, too wide, too narrow, too tall, too low.  The residual
effects of a poor fitting saddle in the horse's history may cause
problems with a presently correctly fitted saddle fit.

Then there are twisted saddles, broken trees, offset stirrups and
billets, disintegrating parts, irregularly fleeced and flocked panels,
too wide or too narrow gullets, different angles, bridging, rocking
 and then there is the world of pads and shim which more often than
not merely move the problem from one point to another.  Oh man,
the list goes on and on.

I'm going to be doing a clinic June 11-12 at Lafayette, IN just
north of Indianapolis where I'll be teaching and demonstrating my
herd dynamic / awareness techniques and how to use them to
rapidly form a connected relationship with any horse to enhance
training and resolve problems.  (The hands on spots are filled
and there is a waiting list but there is auditor room still available.
For further info email Connie Beckner flyinghooves@xxxxxxxxx)

I have arranged for Kellie Sharpe, probably the most skilled
saddle fitter I know of to do a two day saddle fitting school
June 9-10 at Lafayette.  Kellie is a whole horse saddle fitter
with NO ALLEGIANCE to any saddle maker and she does not
sell saddles.  The depths of her saddle fitting knowledge and
how the entire horse needs to be fitted and evaluated are
amazing.

Kellie will present two very intensive days of saddle fitting
training that will set off a whole gang of light bulbs in your
head as you see for yourself, first hand how neatly the
solved mysteries fit together.

In addition to learning hands on how to fit and evaluate saddles
you will come away with your own saddle fit kit consisting of
everything you need to evaluate and fit saddles.  This school is
the nuts and bolts of Kellie's passion and resulting study,
research and experience.  You will have all you need to evaluate
and fit saddles at the end of the school.

The fee for Kellie's Two Day Intensive Saddle School is $185
which includes your own saddle fitting kit consisting of tools
and supplies (over $50 alone).  Lodging and other expenses not
included, primitive camping area available.  The dates are June
9-10.

I believe so strongly in Kellie's skill and knowledge that I will
make this personal guarantee: If at the end of the clinic you
do not think you have gotten at least 5 times your money's
worth in training, not to mention money and time saved in finding
the "right" saddle, see me and *I'll* refund your money AND
let you keep the tool kit.

If you are interested in attending contact me at 770 760-9561.

For more information about Kellie check out her saddle fit index
section page and additional links at:
 http://awarenesshorsemanship.com/sadlfit.htm

Marv "Oh, my aching back!" Walker

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.1 - Release Date: 4/20/2005