Re: [RC] registration - abigail Madden

Gretche,

I'm coming in a little late on this, so maybe I missed it if this has already been addressed.  You said that your friend bought him for $300.00 and then sold him to you for the same price.  Any chance that your friend and the dealer had an agreement that she would sell the colt to her for $300.00 w/o papers or with papers for more in the range of $1,500.00?  If so, I can see her point in wanting to be paid for her signature if that was the initial deal. If not, then who knows. Did you ask her why she wanted that amount?  I have found that many conflicts occur not due to the issue at hand, but due to the communication methods of those involved.  A lot of people in this world do not know how to communicate effectively (no, I'm saying you aren't, its just a statement).  When two people get together that have different styles and don't know how to adapt, disagreements usually follow.  Go back and ask her why she wants that amount.  Just be matter of fact and tell her you don't understand why she is asking for that amount of $$$.  Might open up some.  Good luck,

abigail
Chico, CA
Gretchen <gretchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What happened in this case with Shiner was:  A friend of mine purchased the colt from an ad in the newspaper for $300.  I actually went and looked at the colt with my friend prior to purchase.  A month or so later he was sold to me for the same price.  I did not contact the mare owner until a year or so after having bought the him and by then he had been gelded.  I showed her the bill of sale, so she knew I didn?t pay a large sum of money for this colt.  At that point she flat out refused to sign any paperwork.

  She gave the mare owner my contact information and then the mare owner called me back with the $1200 signature offer.

I have not attempted to contact her since, but do know that she later sold his dam.

Gretchen