RE: [RC] to shoe or not... - Linda Cowles

Folks,

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off like a fanatic, but perhaps I do. I get passionate when I write, so I'll tone it down.

I definitely don't think that people who shoe are intentionally hurting their horses!! Geeze... it's exactly the opposite. They're trying to do everything they can to protect their horses! High tech shoes, the best farriers.  Most of the people on this list take better care of their horses than they take care of themselves. Most of us love our horses, and go out of our way to protect them.  I understand that.

So I'll back off. Barefoot works, and if I can help people with it?  I believe in it.

And John? I'll create a special signature for RideCamp if it'll make you happy. It wasn't for advertising, because my trimming clients aren't endurance riders, and I don't charge for advice or information. I only want to help people who want my help. I used my Horse N Hound signature when I owned a tack store because... it was my signature! I never wanted to sell saddles online, I only wanted to help people understand saddle fit. I'm doing the same thing now, with barefoot... I've learned, and I want to share my knowledge with other people who want to learn.

Linda

Linda Cowles
707-621-0240 - Cell
HealthyHoof@xxxxxxxxxxx