Re: FW: [RC] to shoe or not... - John Teeter

At 09:44 PM 4/17/2005, xxxxxx wrote:
John .... help!  This has gotten nasty fairly quickly.

take a breath girls/women. there was rudeness written all over a few of those
posts (which
I had deleted unread b/c I wasn't interested in the re-hash. But having read
through the stuff,
what REALLY gets me - and what isn't really just opinion, (well it IS opinion,
but it's my opinion
and steph is out getting ready for a polo match and can't sensor me:) is when
people use the
signature files of their email posts to basically advertise their services for
free to the world - when
the world doesn't REALLY need to be told EVERY TIME they see an email message
from one of these kinds
of people what particaluar business they are in....It's rudeness plus to force
us all to read your
advertisements each time you post to ridecamp. why not just sign your name and
leave it at that??
why always have to tell us all what particualar business or bias or interest or
fetish you might
particularly have ... so there - a deflection from the hoofless battle into new
terain which likely
ridecamp hasn't tred before.

john teeter
certified (by steph) email list moderator
www.endurance.net/ridecamp
www.endurance.net/ridecamp/archives
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/oath.html <-- something to read once a year.
Proponent of equine disc golf activities world wide <-- now that Madiya brought
my discs back!)
Cell Phone: Lost in the sands of Abu Dhabi!
Land Line:  Been too long from home - they pulled the plug for non-payment!
Fax: 209 755 8100 (But jfax has been behaving badly lately)
HomePage: www.goldhill.com
Relivant Data: vertical with sleepy eyes right now, but thinking that it might
be nice to get a bowl of
Ice Cream (one of the best kept secrets in the world is Argentine Ice Cream!)

<Now -- If I were to put the above on EVERY piece of mail I sent out, would you
not think me a bit rude and
guilty of sending a form of unsolicited commercial email (i.e spam)???)

so, if you DIDN'T hit the delete key when you saw the  topic of this message --
maybe you were just spoiling for a
fight or maybe you wanted to insult someone or maybe you wanted to just pass
some information on to a fellow
rider -- but whatever,

there is no reason to be rude to one another - and no reason to send commercial
messages (buy/sell/I am in the business of ...)
kinds of messages through ridecamp. stay on topic, have a good week, and ...
loose the wordy signature files por favor!!