Re: [RC] Leatherwood? - Coujurs1

In a message dated 4/12/2005 3:22:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, endurancewannabe@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Anyone manage to make it to the Leatherwood ride on April 2?

I kept hoping to see a post about the ride, but never did.  It's one of my
favorite rides, but since I'm in Sweden until June, I obviously missed it.

If someone could recap the ride for me, I'd love to hear about it.  Five of
my friends from NC State University's Collegiate Horseman's Association went
to the ride to volunteer -- a club tradition that I started last year and
was happy to see that they decided to go again. :)

Thanks!
Danielle
Oh poor you in Sweden <g>.  Leatherwood went great as usual, your friends rock!  Worked all day like troopers, talked to them about going to other rides to work!  Betsy Knight and Debbie Ivey tied for first in the 50, Debbie's horse got BC.  And Susan, oh crud can't think of her last name, the girl with the Rocky mountain horse that lives at Leatherwood won the 25 and got BC.  Big crowd, around 100 which is about all they can handle parking wise.  Was pretty cool and windy.  Abbie and gang are the best, one of my favorite places to go.  I worked, my ride schedule didn't allow me to compete.

Nina