RE: [RC] stallions - Nancy

Whoa!
Good questions, all of them.  I think that with a younger stallion I would
look for completions with good vet scores.  I would not want to see too many
wins at a young age.  This would make me question his longevity.  However,
the older the stallion the more miles I would want to see with higher
placeings.  Personally BC's are more impressive than a 1st place.
Yes, pretty is nice, but not as important as good conformation.  And yes, he
has to be a nice man, I would not want to breed to a difficult horses as
Lyric can be a pill all on her own.  For Lyric, I would like a stallion that
throws a good size foal as Lyric is 14.1-2 and I would want a foal that
would grow to be 14.3 and up.  I would like to know about the earlier get.
How much does the stallion stamp them with his looks, personality, etc.
Yes, Family is important.  I would want to see other endurance horses that
are related.  Individual achievement is also a necessity and is covered
above.
I am not actively looking, but receive AHA mag, Endurance News and use
endurance.net. A good web site with pictures, pedigree, ride records and
even ride stories would be a big help to me.  When I do go shopping I will
ask Ridecamp for favorites along with my southern California endurance list.
I do like the Witrez II lines and would look at the internet for those
stallions.  Lastly I will consult with my neighbor and mentor Shelly who has
breed several horses and knows so much more than me!
I hope this helps you understand the mind of a potential client.  Good luck!
Nancy Reed
Lazy J Ranch
Elfin Forest, CA