Re: [RC] Arab/Saddlebred...suggestions/opinions/experiences? - firedancefarms

Hi Erin,
I have ridden several NSH in endurance and I just love them!  We bought one as a "trial" several years ago and were so smitten by her, we bought more!  We currently have 5 doing endurance at the moment, and three of these are for sale :)
Here is what I have found in the ones I have had:
1.  They are brave and do not tend to spook.
2.  They just LOVE to go.
3.  They are very kind.
4.  They have very fast walks.
5.  They are incredibly smooth.
6.  They trot like the wind!
I have also found they are not as "tough" as a purebred, ie they take a little more time to condition, and in VERY competitive rides, I think an Arab would probably beat them out of a vet check..maybe..

Basically when I want to go out and just blast around and have FUN on the trails (my daughter and I love to have trotting races) we saddle up the NSH.  When I am going to do the tough rocky Winding Stair ride this month, I'll take the purebreds!

Check out our webpage for some examples (and photos!)
Louise

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms