Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:38 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] condiment bottles for elytes

Me::
>D'you open the syringe, squirt the mixture in and
>then fiddle around trying to get the air out and the
>plunger in - or can you slurp the mixture up through
>the top of the stopper on the condiment bottle?

SuG:
Or?.you could just skip the syringe entirely, shake up the condiment bottle, poke the top in the side of the horse?s mouth and squirt in a bit.  Just a thought.

I like it... except - will you be able to get the
stuff far enough in, though? Or will you just end up
depositing a big glob on the horse's tongue, causing
him to spit it out and give you snake eyes next time
you try to elyte him? ...or is it all in the technique,
like Angie's sponging - you have to finesse your aim
to jet a squirt up into the back of his mouth?

Certainly if you could figure it out, a quick squirt
now and again would be dead easy to do - and a condiment
bottle much more convenient to carry than stupid syringes.

When are EZ Care or someone going to come out with a
gunkproof saddle bag specifically made to carry big
syringes with their plungers stuck out?

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
elsietee AT foothill DOT net
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, California
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-