[RC] Puffy Jaws - Kathy Copeland

Title: Puffy Jaws

Well we have been having horses do this puffy jaw thing for more years than I want to remember.  First time we had blood work done and the whole nine yards.  There are never any other abnormal symptoms just the puffy jaws and it does vary to some degrees in puffiness.  Doesn't seem effect a single thing about the horse.  My husband, who is a vet, says they must be having a allergic reaction to something but who knows what.  Living in the central valley in Ca it could be anything.  Seems to not happen in the winter but every other season  we see it.  About half of the horses show the puffiness from time to time but not always on the same days.

Have show and discussed it with vets at other clinics and they also have no clue.  The good thing is no one has every been sick or slowed down by it yet and if we haul to a ride in the hills it is gone by time we get there sooooooooo what to do?  Nothing I guess until it causes other issues.

Team Slow Poke
Kathy Copeland

Maybe that is why our horse are so slow-NO wait a minute it is not the horses that want to go slow it’s the Riders!