Re: [RC] Sundowner light change / gooseneck trailer insulation - abigail Madden

Hi Juliene,

I don't have a Sundowner, I have a trailswest, but had the same problem with the lights.  After I had taken the whole thing apart, I discovered that I could just pop the lens cover off of the light.  It was not obvious until I had dismantled the whole thing.  So, take a look at it and see if that will work.  If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I'll run out and shoot some digitals and then post them on my photos page and you can see if they are of a similar type.  I don't want you to go through what I did with taking the whole dang thing apart (including drilling out the rivets) and putting it back together again.........it was a pain.

Good luck,

abigail
Chico, CA

Julienne <jsrha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone with a Sundowner had to change their dome lights yet? The
lights inside the gooseneck and right outside the gooseneck door have
burnt out (I'm assuming since everything else works) and they look to
be encased so they're not very easily accessible. Do I have to unscrew
the whole casing to change the bulbs or is there some secret Sundowner
way to do this?