Re: [RC] Haras Los Estrbos - Breeders of the World's Fastest Endurance Hors... - DVeritas

In a message dated 3/23/2005 12:24:53 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Please Reply to: cowboy philosopher imeasystreet@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How did they do at Tevis? Or any other trail with a rock or bump.
It is an intersting accomplishment for which they deserve credit.  It seems to me we need to make a distinction between extendend flat-track racing(in which the better part of the world participates)and endurance(which to me is similar to the demands of rides like Tevis).  It's kinda like the difference between spandex and denim, or yuppies and cowboys, if your life were in danger on whom would you rely?  Oh damn, the batteries ran out in my GPS .....
Let people with that inclination come up with their own name for what they do and not insist on redefining what we do.

Yo, "cowboy philosopher"....what's up with this?
    I just went to the website Steph told us about and saw a beautiful stallion, who has sired some pretty interesting athletes.
    I've worn spandex AND denim...
    And when my life has been in danger, I never saw one yuppie OR cowboy anywhere near me.  They were probably on their computers then, anyway.
    Now, "cowboy philosopher", get back on your horse or SUV or whatever it is you use to get around and get back to living your dream.  :^)

    Frank