[RC] Dodge Ram Transmissions - Dawn Simas

My '94 Ram 250 has 245,000, probably half that is pulling a trailer, and I still have the original tranny.  I guess the old models were built better.  I also am careful to never pull with the Overdrive On.

However, I do have a suggestion for you in dealing with your unethical dealership.  Call Chrysler's hotline at 1-800-992-1997.  The local Dodge dealer in Auburn, CA, years ago when it was 49er Dodge, put in a new turbo in my truck (don't know if it even needed it).  For 7 years, I've had it back to them (now Magnussens Dodge) and other mechanics complaining of loss of power and mileage.  I just used a new mechanic in Sacramento and they discovered the wrong turbo housing was put on all those years ago.  $500 later, great power and mileage again.  I've been battling Magnussens not to honor their mechanics (same staff, they even remember doing it) work and compensate me the $500 for their mistake.  I have the original receipt with the part # and the old part.  Chrysler's 800# was very empathetic and helpful, but they said legally Magnussens doesn't have to help me because of the ownership change.  I said they don't HAVE to, but that doesn't mean they CAN'T.  I had him document my c omplaint and I'm taking them to court.  Principal of the matter and I want everyone to know...   Anyhoo, the Chrysler 800# follows up on dealer complaints.

Good luck,

Dawn