Re: [RC] Re:Wind Puffs - Tiffany D'Virgilio

I'm not getting it. A permanent windpuff vs. an acute one? There are only one kind of windpuff and they are permanent. I immediately treated my mare's leg, and it has never gotten bigger or smaller. There are types of swelling that can be treated, many of them, but a windpuff isn't one of them. And yes, I have a 15 year medical background as well and know how to give acute care. Horses will show swelling along the tendons in back and it is a vertical filling, but a round windpuff anatomically isn't a transient injury. And every article I have ever read supports that. As do the vets I have talked with.
Tifany