[RC] RC:Longevity vs.... - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Maryanne,
I agree with you that longevity cannot be an FEi consideration by a very very long shot.But as an expatriate American living in Cairo I am sure you can agree with me that in this multidimensional world with diverse cross cultural differences any sporting event equine or otherwise that can bring together 30 to 40 countries even for 1 week of intense fair competition and camaraderie is worth persuing .FEI rules just provide the platform for friendly competitive "engagement".

I used to ride in Australia in 2000 and the political ambivalence towards anything FEI there then,at least from my viewpoint as as an 'uninterested" , 'uneducated"outsider was similar to the current climate of ambivalence in the States.Now the RUgged Aussies still maintained rightfully their proud way of endurance the Australian way but much of the ambivalence and rancour over the FEI rules and philosophy has now gone.Americans by nature ,size and reputation are much prouder people than this ex colony of that tiny island called The Great Britain ,so I wonder how long before you guys can warm up to to this new "kid on the block" called FEI.The reality remains that America has to be engaged,to be respected,provide leadership etc etc be it in sports or in other spheres.

Yours Sincerely,
Nik Isahak Wan Abdullah

Get an advanced look at the new version of MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.com.my/Beta/Default.aspx