Re: [RC] re: dual sanctioning discussion - Truman Prevatt

But no matter what the FEI officials demand or talk ride managers into implemented - it should only be implemented on the riders that are in the FEI event. Cindy was not I suspect entered into the FEI event and should not have been subject to the wishes and desires of the FEI officials. There are two rides at a cosanctioned ride - the FEI riders and the AERC only riders. The FEI officials have no status over the AERC riders - but somehow they normally have an impact.

Truman

StephTeeter wrote:

We had a 'crew area' on the Arabian Nights CEI*** ride - everybody was given
an specific area for crewing. We were trying to simulate the championship
level rides (PAC's WEC's) where each zone or country has a crewing area
drawn by lottery. I didn't like it personally. I didn't hear any complaints
from the riders (though sometimes ride managers have very selective
hearing...) - but I don't think I'll do it again. I've been on the 'rider'
side of the fence enough, that I'd rather let the riders have the option of
going back to their trailers during holds.

There's no specific FEI rule for crewing, segregation. But the rules do
suggest that there shall be 'level playing fields' - i.e. try not to give
anybody an particular advantage by being closer to the vet area, closer to
the camping area, etc.

Usually it's a matter of discussing things with the FEI guys - technical
delegate, stewards, judges, and  designing things so that they follow the
rules as closely as possible, but don't make outrageous hardships on ride
management and riders. A lot of the rules were borrowed from other FEI
disciplines, and don't make as much sense in Endurance.

Steph

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman