From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Laura Hayes
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 2:59 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] e'lytes and supplements

I have stopped using everything but Se/E and Cosequin.  I did 1200+ miles on five different horses last year with no e'lytes at all.  I realize I did not set the world on fire in the speed department, but I honestly think that all this shit people are giving their horses is not helping and may hinder the horse's well being.

I know...someone will tell me I have no hard scientific evidence, but my formerly colicy mare has not coliced once in over 600 miles of competition since I stopped shoving caustic crap down her throat - and I tried the milder brands and different size doses AND adding Neighlox to no avail.

I am glad to see the French team say they use no oral supplements and are successful.  Maybe our national team would have been more successful if those poor horses had not been NG TUBED with a very caustic electrolyte at least 6 times in two weeks before the WEC.

Flame away- this is something I feel very strongly about.

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741