Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] camper or LQ?

I have had a truck with a cover (lid) and a two horse trailer.
Truck and trailer with a camper.
Converted van with horse trailer.
Truck and trailer with bigger camper.
LQ.

Actually I got rid of the camper because it is a pain putting in on and off and climbing into it got to be too hard.  Arthritis, fat and old age.

I prefer by far the LQ trailer.  Although, my friends think I am a nut case because I am planning on taking out the toilet and putting a plate over the drain and using my porta potty in there.  The trailer has a 30 gal water tank.  I use bottled water for drinking and cooking because I do not care for the plastic taste.  If I use the toilet, I run out of water before the weekend is up.  Also, I have a sewer drain at my house (although it is not in a place I can get the trailer to) and I have a porta potty that I can take apart, dump, clean and put back in the trailer in under 5 minutes.

My LQ is 23 feet plus the gooseneck.  Three horse slant load with the small tack room in the back.  I have extra water in the truck and in the tack room for the horses.  The only problem is the mirrors on the truck but I am used to them now.  The big fancy mirrors that move in and out are for '94 and up and my truck is a '93.....bummer.

I would also always get one more stall than you take horses.  With a stud divider, you can pack everything in the front stall and it is also a good place for the weight to be.....mb