Re: [RC] HRM's and Increasing Intensity - DVeritas

In a message dated 1/8/2005 9:26:09 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, msofen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Intensity training IS quite different than other training protocols.  I am
an advocate for being careful here, since, as you say, the horse can't tell
us directly how they're doing.
...and, coupled with "galloping up hills", the bio-mechanical extremis encountered from the hoof up to the fetlock, as well as in the hock/stifle area, one will certainly find out quickly enough if enough "base" has been achieved in cardio-vascular or in the physical platform.
    One will also find out whether they know what the heck they're doing as well.
    As Mike says, "being careful" is of paramount importance here.  BUT, it (I.T.) can (and should) be employed when the horse has progressed to that point.
    Good info, Mike, Kat, Heidi, et.al.,
       Frank