[RC] Fixing HR Monitor? - beth glover

Hi Friends; I have been troubled by a broken heart rate monitor transmitter, ( Pro sport by Sensor Dynamics.Inc). The back cap which covers the battery has stripped the screwthreads which causes it to "boink" outward. I collaborated with my pal in Alabama with a similar problem and we devised a strategy to fix it that required tongue depressors, electrician tape and velcro straps. So then I went for a happy trot up the road when all of a sudden, my reciever ( wristwatch portion) went flying off. I who am visually challenged when it comes to catching balls was able to snatch the flying watch at a dead trot from certain smashing! So upon inspection, I have found that the watch strap itself did not break, but the part on the watch body itself that holds the metal pin that secures the strap! GRRRR! And then I couldn't get the damned thing to read while I was holding it in my hand whilst riding and I put it away. So I showed my husband who has training in aircraft mechanics, and picture this.. ..him looking at me over his eyeglasses and then rolling his eyes, and saying that "You screwed it up..get a new one". Well that is carte blanch to go shopping of course, but being stubborn as a mule and frugal to boot, I just want to fixt that cursed monitor. Its only 4 years old! Is that so old? If it were a horse it wouldn't be old! How old do those monitors last? Would this be a $200 per year item? Grrrr again. Does anyone know where I could send the terrible monitor to be fixed? Does anyone think that I should just get more epoxy glue and electricians tape? I don't think I want another of the same monitor cause of the cheap and brittle plastic. Its not like I wear it every day. How do people like those Polar monitors? Satisfaction? Or disappointment?  I looked throught the  10,000 archives, but mainly they appear to be on reading them and analyzing the data. Not on fixing the danged things. how about the ones with the big belt that goes around the whole horses' body, is that a well liked item? Or an occasion for rubb ing off fur? Opinions are valued.

By the way, my dear nephew in the Marines on his second tour of Iraq, doesn't have nearly the technology that us riders carry on a daily basis...nobody in his L.A.V. has a GPS...they have to get out and eyeball the target to launch a missile. I want to send him a freaking TIMEX before he gets himself killed.

Thanks....Beth Glover

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. ============================================================ Far back, far back in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action... ~ DH Lawrence ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================