Re: [RC] Fixing HR Monitor? - Chris Paus

Wow, I've got two pro sports and as long as I keep
fresh batteries in them, they work fine.

chris
--- beth glover <bgloverhrsewmn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi Friends; I have been troubled by a broken heart
rate monitor transmitter, ( Pro sport by Sensor
Dynamics.Inc). The back cap which covers the battery
has stripped the screwthreads which causes it to
"boink" outward. I collaborated with my pal in Alabama
with a similar problem and we devised a strategy to
fix it that required tongue depressors, electrician
tape and velcro straps. So then I went for a happy
trot up the road when all of a sudden, my reciever (
wristwatch portion) went flying off. I who am visually
challenged when it comes to catching balls was able to
snatch the flying watch at a dead trot from certain
smashing! So upon inspection, I have found that the
watch strap itself did not break, but the part on the
watch body itself that holds the metal pin that
secures the strap! GRRRR! And then I couldn't get the
damned thing to read while I was holding it in my hand
whilst riding and I put it away. So I showed my
husband who has training in aircraft mechanics, and
picture this....him looking at me over his eyeglasses
and then rolling his eyes, and saying that "You
screwed it up..get a new one". Well that is carte
blanch to go shopping of course, but being stubborn as
a mule and frugal to boot, I just want to fixt that
cursed monitor. Its only 4 years old! Is that so old?
If it were a horse it wouldn't be old! How old do
those monitors last? Would this be a $200 per year
item? Grrrr again. Does anyone know where I could send
the terrible monitor to be fixed? Does anyone think
that I should just get more epoxy glue and
electricians tape? I don't think I want another of the
same monitor cause of the cheap and brittle plastic.
Its not like I wear it every day. How do people like
those Polar monitors? Satisfaction? Or disappointment?
I looked throught the  10,000 archives, but mainly
they appear to be on reading them and analyzing the
data. Not on fixing the danged things. how about the
ones with the big belt that goes around the whole
horses' body, is that a well liked item? Or an
occasion for rubbing off fur? Opinions are valued.

By the way, my dear nephew in the Marines on his
second tour of Iraq, doesn't have nearly the
technology that us riders carry on a daily
basis...nobody in his L.A.V. has a GPS...they have to
get out and eyeball the target to launch a missile. I
want to send him a freaking TIMEX before he gets
himself killed.

Thanks....Beth Glover

---------------------------------
Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee
when you click here.
============================================================Far
back, far back in our dark soul the horse prances...
The horse, thehorse! The symbol of surging potency and
power of movement, of action... ~  DH
Lawrenceridecamp.net information:

=====
Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland