[RC] Ridecamp Convention - rides2far

Here's my nominees for the ones I have an opinion on. Ya'll feel free to
post your awards directly to RC. It's 60 degrees and sunny here today so
I'm not spending time tabulating. :-) Good to let anyone you appreciate
know you voted for them anyway. Maybe you could also present your
"favorite post" if you have one you saved.

2. Best advice giver:

She doesn't always tell me what I *want* to hear...but I learn a lot from
Kat Swigart

5. Most profound quotes:

Frank Solano, Drin Becker, Julie Suhr

6. Most amusing typos: (would be nice if presenter could cut and
paste> example)

Truman most consistently turns them out, but then my favorite individual
performance was Catfish Daniel's: "She stayed all night and worked her
butt off,  and > REALLY knew her stuff about hores, massage, etc.etc..All
I remember is her name was Tiffany "
.

7. Best ride story

Can't remember the name, but I always prefer the newbie's first ride
stories. Everything is so exciting to them that it brings back memories
and reminds me why I love the sport

8. Best new idea:

Using those little electricians color coded caps on syringes.

9. Best debater: (should go to the person who is most likely to go
back> to the archives and cut/paste a reply which is impossible to
refute
since> they use a person's own words to prove their point)

Definately Kat Swigart. I would rather debate Dr. Spock...he's less
rational and more emotional than Kat.

10. Most helpful researcher:  For the person who is most likely to
research a newcomer's pedigree if they ask, or explain how inherited
color works, etc.

Heidi

11. Most valuable free advice giver:  For the expert who gives
advice> freely that one would have to pay for otherwise.

Susan G. or Heidi...but I've had some wonderful help from vets who
preferred to keep their charity a secret and really appreciate their help
too.

12. Most entertaining exploits: For the poster who has interesting
travels, or interesting exploits on mundane travels.

Steph's UAE adventure for interesting.

13. Best signature line. (give example)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

14. Best e-mail address

Steelsidedown

15. Best foreign correspondent (must live in that country)

Maryanne in Egypt, but Leonard, the girl in S Africa and the new guy from
what...Malaysia? all help make things interesting!

16. My quiet husband Bill suggested an award for the "best lurker".
I'm not sure how we can get votes on that one since you lurkers refuse
to post. I'm thinking on it though.

Best lurkers...those are the people who come up to me at a ride and
comment on things that have been discussed on ridecamp...extensively, and
I'm totally amazed because I never knew they even had e-mail. How on
earth do they keep from posting when they have an opinion? It's not that
they're the most valuable lurker...it's  that they're the best at
remaining a lurker!

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm