Re: [RC] Ridecamp Convention - John Teeter

Well, I was going to ride today, and work on a few other things things. but ---

while I can't much help with the qualitative questions, I can provide background on the quantitative item(s). Particularly #1. I'll make a sweeper to walk through the archives and do the summations. Are we looking for top 10?

As to #16 - best lurker -- it brings to mind a event from long ago (which leads to the definition of a true lurker). We (steph and I) were newly weds visiting in Boston with a friend who lived in the dorms at MIT. Being country people (and rather low on funds), we were more inclined to stay home and visit rather than go out on the town. We were sitting in the common room at the dorm playing a game of Dictionary (where an obscure word is chosen at random and definitions are devised to confuse the participants.) During one particularly difficult round, no correct guesses were made for the particular word - when - from behind the dinning counter/bar there comes a voice which utters the exact definition of the word -- a lurker - unknown - laying back there studying - providing insights or observations which directly nails the subject being discussed by all the active pundent/participants.

When you try to find the best lurkers, the above behavior may be a useful criteria. They don't say much, but they've got one ear(eye) on the discussion and are there when needed:)

I'll be back (it may be in the morning) with the Ridecamp Posting Stats for the 2003 ride season:)

johnt