Re: [RC] What features do you find most comfortable in tights? - rides2far

I like Evelyn Hartman's custom service. I had trouble with tights the correct
size being a foot too long. Ended up pulling the extra length up to my thighs
to get the knee patches in the right place, then having creases. Yuk! Evelyn
just jotted down what length I need and from then on when I order mine she
makes them the proper length.

I've done many miles including 100's in the $10 Hanes from Walmart, but I was
wearing through the seams so fast that it turned out it was cheaper to buy
Evelyn's since they last so long. Haven't worn them out and have had these 2
pairs for years.

I got a pair of the full seat padded tights. Feels like a diaper. I wear them
occasionally if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking (on horseback) since the
padding is worn out on my saddle. It helps a tad. Not much.

For 100's I make sure I have on fairly snug, heavy material tights. Don't want
any shift at all against my skin. On 50's never had a problem with them
slightly loose. Knee patches don't make much difference to me, but may be what
prolongs them over the Walmart tights.

Riding in rain I was OK once I was thoroughly soaked. The saddle rubbed until
we got a good soaking, then the water slides pretty well. :-P

I found some sort of sweatshirt material tights at K-Mart once. They're great
for winter riding but I've never competed in them.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond