[RC] What features do you find most comfortable in tights? - beth glover

Hi Sharon; I wear tights more in the summer when it warms up, but I do have winter tights so I don't freeze to death. Sometimes I just wear thin sweats, or lycra jeans.  I have "O Keheays" tights that I got at Broken Horn, and they are thicker for winter. They also have a little pocket inside that is nice for carrying  keys or something. I wish all tights had little pockets inside, or even belt loops. I always have a problem figuring out where to put my pocket knife. ( NATRC riders have to obsess about their pocket knife ya know, in case the judge asks you to cut a rope)   I have some Miller's tights, and something about that fabric, when you wash it, it becomes "moth eaten" with tiny holes after a while, until they are bigger holes that look like spider woman finally. Nasty. I got some of Evelyn's tights in an emergency at a ride, and oooh those are nice. Silky. Its a good thing they have the leather knee patches to help with grip or I'd have to buy that dressage glue, so I don't slide right out of the saddle like satin sheets. Gotta have the knee patches! Knee padding? Nahhh. What would that do? Any knee problems I have are internal and addressed by glucosamine and analgesics. I think knee pads may bunch up and cause more chafing yes. Padded seat? That reminds me of the old saying, "Don't get your panties in a wad". That could really bunch up.  Maybe on the saddle, but I haven't been inclined to wear padded pants. Stirrup feet? I hate them. Get my knife, that's why I've been carrying it all these years...to cut those danged stirrup feet. They pull your pants down until they are hip huggers and now you'll have a big gap section like...too small panty hose.

Beth

Say ?good-bye? to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! ============================================================ Why should I look good if I don`t smell good? ~ author unknown ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================