[RC] What features do you find most comfortable in tights? - - Jonni Jewell

*>>>Do you like padded knees, or do you feel that the extra fabric bunches
up and the resulting wrinkles cause chafing after a while?<<

No not feel the need for knee pads or patches. (I have never worn a hole in
any riding pants at the knees)

*>>Do you like a padded seat?  Do you actually think it helps make the
saddle seem more cushiony?<<<

Hummm, never tried a pair, but I ride with a sheepskin cover.

*>>Do you like stirrup feet?<<

Not if I am going to get off and walk myself on the ride. But, I don't like
the real tight elastic at the ankles. I ride with 1/2 chaps, and my tights
don't crawl up on me. Maybe those with slender legs have that problem.

I want seams well sewn. Meaning quality. Also, some ladies tights have the
"crotch gusset". The little kind of diamond shaped area sewn into them. I
prefer tights with those, as they seem to have more give when riding, and
less likely to rip out at the crotch.

My favorite feature is the tights being affordable!!! (love the bargain
tights I have gotten at Wal-Mart over the years!)

Jonni

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm