[RC] Moon blindness - Lysane Cree

Two horses at the barn where I board have now
developed moon blindness. The first one had it very
mildly and it cleared up with drops. The second horse
to get it has it really badly. He was diagnosed last
week and has been treated with drops, but it is not
working - his eye is completely changed to a milky
pale blue. Only one eye is affected at the moment.
The vet said that while it is not contagious between
horses, it could be something in the water. Leptopiros
bacteria (??). He also said that there is some
research that links this bacteria to beavers...there
are beavers across the road from the barn and we have
wells, so is it possible it could have travelled
through the groundwater?
I am really worried about my own horse getting this
disease- would a young horse (2 y.o.) be more
susceptible? Is this the same bacteria associated with
Leptospirosis?

Lysane

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt