[RC] fearless riders - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Buddy Gleason glea6826@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To all fellow endurance riders. Seeing that it snowed here in SC last night,
resulting in a great upheaval in the social system, this would be a good time
to inject a thought to be pondered.   I propose that only people younger than
the age of 40 should apply for the team to go to the World Equestrian Games. It
is a proven fact that the older generation just cannot "hack it" competing
aganist the younger riders. Throughout the history of horses in wars it is the
younger people who are on the backs of these animals, ie Mosby and his raiders
(teenage boys), the great Khans and their hordes, Jeb Sturart, the list goes
on. So what do you think?  M18416  Buddy

our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith