Re: [RC] A good working trot? - Karen

At 11:28 AM 2/24/2004, Truman Prevatt wrote:
They work great at 30 or above - set your cruse control at 5 to 10 mph and check it.

my truck won't do cruise control that slow! But, we have gone slow on lots of dirt roads (like mile and miles getting to and from some camps) and it always seems to match up pretty well. The external antenna helps a lot on the GPS. On the 2001 XP we had many miles of roads early in the ride and the crews followed us (mostly played leap frog), so we got a pretty good idea of our rate of speed (what else did we have to do, watch corn grow?) On that ride, however, we did keep the horses at a 10 mph speed or under. I rode with Kayla (junior) most of the way and as soon as we would hit 10 mph that kid instantly (and I mean instantly) knew and would say "we're speeding". Each time one of us was caught speeding, we had to pay the fine with an ice cream. :-)

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse. ~ Teddy Roosevelt