Re: [RC] A good working trot? - Kristi Schaaf

Mel -
My horse did 1000 miles of NATRC, mostly trotting at
about 7 or 8 mph. It was a nice easy trot, both for
him and for me, and he could do it for long periods. 9
or 10 mph is still not too taxing on him, but I don't
know if he could do it for very long, and it's not as
comfortable for me. So maybe your and my horse are
actually the norm?!
Kristi iluvdez at yahoo dot com

--- Sundaez@xxxxxxx wrote:
I can't even imagine what you guys are talking about
with a 14.5 mph trot
over a long distance. My mare can do 10 mph
(GPS'd)...and fast as 11 but not more
than a couple miles... but around 8 is what seems
comfortable. Canter is 14
to 18 mph. Will she get faster with more
conditioning over time? I always feel
when she's trotting that fast she could hurt
something.

Mel...the slow one