[RC] Saving my knees/quote - rides2far

Lee
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving >
safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, >
thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what a > ride
!! "

Oh my gosh! THAT is *my* new quote! I love it! One year I had a student
who was very thin, sickly looking and intellectual. He took pride in his
inertia. He was in my "gifted" class and wondered if I could get it put
on his special "requirements" that he needed one of those little
motorized carts like they have for handicapped people at Walmart to
support his laziness. One day when two athletes and I were comparing past
injuries and joint problems he used us as an example that all exercise &
sports are bad for a person. I sure wish I'd had this quote then. Any
idea who said it...because I'm going to letter it in caligraphy to go
over my desk.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long