[RC] Saving my knees? - Laurie Durgin

After this layoff, not much riding this last season, I am getting off my duff, and back on my treadmill and other exercises(besides house cleaning, nursery work, and 5 acre upkeep.:0)

Here is the knee part. I am not really having big problems.But suspect they are on their way.The only time I have had knee pain, is: 4th pregnancy on stairs. And bad stirrup position a few times with one saddle. Once in a blue moon, I get a funny pain , like something is out of place for a minute , walking down hill, but rarely. I did have a fall on one knee once with one of thee kids,and have a 'ridge' on that knee. I have always benn average height and weight and am 48.
But my knees 'crack' loud when I squat, always have, even as a teen.I was told I have 'tight ligaments'. But while doiing some extensions I noticed a 'crackly sound', like maybe a grating or crinkle paper sound in my knees. Am I posssibly wearing away my catiladge or something? And what can I do to prevent, slow down this? Any KNEE person have a clue? I take a stress vitamin, calcium, e and c, Omega 3, and glocosomine (1) .daily.
I just never noticed that sound before and sure don't think it bodes well. Maybe I don't have enough synovial fluid and I need Adequan? :0)
Laurie

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200364ave/direct/01/

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm