Re: [RC] Saving my knees? - sally reid

My doctor told me to exercise my quadreceps muscles, lack of muscle tone was causing the noise. (?!) I did, and it got better. remember to start slowly. no big extensions. no deep bends. gentle lunges are a good way to start. Later I did stair machines.
Sally
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Saving my knees?

Laurie:

About 15-20 years ago - I am now 49 - I had the same sound - it gave me the creeps.  I went to the orthopedist thinking he would surely suggest surgery.  He flexed my knees and listened to the sound.  He asked me if there was any pain - which there wasn't.  And he said - no lie - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  I almost fell off the table.  He said that I might eventually need some type of procedure but if there was no real pain he didn't recommend it.  I still don't have any pain but I do have VERY noisy knees.

Lee
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what a ride !! "