Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] President's Cup - SandyDSA

In a message dated 2/21/2004 8:23:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, CatfishDaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And those with better support and resources generally come up ahead.

It’s wonderful that this sport allows riders of all levels to compete or to participate.  At the end of the day each person achieves their own goal and walks away with pride.

All true - one huge factor/difference is that we have living partners in this who deserve better than is imparted to them at the hands of the more....powerful - many times - NOT ALWAYS :) - but far too often. They are living, breathing creatures, who may well be capable of what they are asked, but at the end of the day, they neither give a rat's....pattutti about success in our terms, but over the course of time, they ultimately pay the price for our success. The rather anthropomorphic idea that the horses "love" it or "love" us is a pertty thought, but the affection I DO believe they can develop for ther partner is not an excuse for riding this horse "to victory" - which in the end is no real peasure of power - or character - anyway. It's JUST a sport! Whether one has more competitive drices or not, money or assets notwithstanding, a horse is  ahorse ...of course... you know the rhyme - and deserves more consideration - IMHO