Re: [RC] President's Cup - heidi

Ok, a question;  is there any way of finding out what the bloodlines of
these fast, wonderful horses are?  Country of origin,  or,  are most
imports,or,  would we recognize any of the bloodlines , such as *Bask,
Bay shah, Al Marah....??

I could only find six of the 15 top horses.  Of those six, only one came
from the USA (the 2nd place horse).  Nonetheless, three of those six came
from close-up CMK dam lines, and two of those three were well over half
CMK.  Consider that CMK makes up only about 5% of the USA gene pool, and
considerably less in the rest of the world, with the Aussies and English
perhaps being the only ones to have higher percentages than that--in
England, it would still be old Crabbet breeding, and in Oz it would be
Crabbet/Old English or Colonial breeding.

I didn't see Bey Shah in a single one of the pedigrees, and *Bask in only
one--amazing, considering he is in something like 90% of the US pedigrees.
(And the one where I found him way back wasn't the US-bred horse,
either.)

Heidi

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle