Re: [RC] President's Cup - John Teeter

As being kind of the instigator of the Steph/Jackie/Tracy/Merri traveling pretty good ride managers traveling road show ....

I guess I'd have to say that the original thought was to take advantage of the opportunity of having Steph (and our son Destry) visiting Maryanne - and demonstrate how a normal ride is run here -- the kinds of things which happen at normal US rides.

Having Jackie go along is sweet - Death Valley, or Fire Mountain, or East Sierra Classic, or 20 Mule Team, or Owyhee High Country, or Owhyee Canyonlands, or Arabian Nights, or Owyhee 100, or all the old ones that have gone away ... -- ja bit of x-cultural info exchange of just the normal way of going out and seeing the trail and getting the miles. (of course they have both managed US/FEI rides too -- and they do like to go fast if all is right .... but that's not the point!)

We'll see how it goes. Merri is an ace photographer (and she's just acquire a new digital camera to play with:) and Tracy is Jackie's main Vet Secretary and behind-the-scenes orchestrator:) -- So getting them to trail along is a bonus beyond the original thought.

I'm sure it could get out of hand, sending 4 endurance riders that far from home without many ribbons, but it wasn't too hard to get them to head out!!!:)

We'll see how it goes....:)

johnt

Before endurance should come a knowledge of horses, founded in a sincere
desire to understand them and do right by them.  If not, we should all just
buy dirt bikes.
~ Barbara McCrary