[RC] Selling horses on the net - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Char char.antuzzi@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've sold one little mare on the net to a fellow ridecamper. She bought her
from pictures that I posted. The little mare had major changes in her life just
as I was selling her over the net. I was new to her, she to me, new enviroment,
etc. I had many family issues going on at the time, just lots of stuff. Anyway
I took payments on the mare as she was going to such a wonderful home. You
couldn't ask for a better home, well the mare started to turn into a she devil,
just wasn't a happy camper. I offered to take less for her before I shipped her
off to her new mommy as this turn in her attitude was disturbing to me. I have
always felt that you need to be as honest as you can, but sometimes the horses
don't bond with a new owner, they don't handle the stress of being moved etc.
Somethings a seller just doens't know before they sell a horse. The second I
saw this mare changing I dropped the price and worked with the buyer. It can be
a win/win but you need to feel comfortable with whom your dealing with and make
sure its going to be a good fit for the horse as well as the new owner.

By the way... that person that bought my little mare that has given her the
best home in the entire world is Mel Snowhite. She is the best gift a horse
could have.

deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano