[RC] buying horses over the net - A. Perez

 I bought both of my two current horses off the net, though I
did meet them in person before buying, and neither was purchased
as an endurance prospect.

I personally would be extremely hesitant to buy a horse I had
not met in-the-flesh.  Temperment and personality are extremely
important to me, and there is no way I know of to assess this
other than a face-to-face meeting.  I also find the 'fit' of the
horse in terms of body type and gait to be very important, so if
I am buying a trained horse, I want to ride it first.  Of course
with a baby that isn't feasible, but I can get a better sense of
what it will grow into by seeing it in person than any photo or
video can provide.  Of course someday the perfect prospect at
great price may come available on the web, and I might take a
flyer and buy it sigh-unseen, but if you do so you have to be
prepared to re-sell if things dont turn out as hoped.  Selling a
horse can be hard for some, so one must think long and hard
before buying a horse one hasn't met.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris