Re: [RC] Weather - Jim & Drin Becker

Barbara wrote
"We live on the central coast of CA.  Our daffodils are blooming like mad,
but the REAL harbinger of spring is the first leaf on our birch trees
(ornamental, not native).  Usually the first one shows up about
mid-February, often on Valentine's Day.  I forgot to look recently, but just
for fun, when I see the first one, I'll tell on Ridecamp"

Do you guys realize how mean this is to people like me and Heidi this time of year :-) We still have over a foot of snow on the ground , and will have for at least another month . Will not see daffodils until the middle of may at the earliest ! Two cow's and a calf moose have moved into our haystack area which means we do not go out at night without taking the dogs with us so we don't run into one and get stomped . I HAVE to go to convention to get me motivated to start riding in all this snow so I can be ready for a ride the first part of may which means in this area I will be riding on snowmobile trails and sharing it with the sledders until April sometime . In the valley that separates Heidi and I they have a saying " Here in the Big Hole we get to sled 7 months out of the year ....the other 4 months we ski " :-) So you guys with all your flowers and trees blooming think of us Eskimo types and then when it is July/august in our part of the country and we are riding in 70 to 80 degree weather (no humidity) we will be thinking of you guys :-) Enjoy your spring !
                       Drin Becker
                       Mtn Region