Re: [RC] Weather - heidi

Do you guys realize how mean this is to people like me and Heidi this
time of year :-) We still have over a foot of snow on the ground , and
will have for at least another month .

I hate to break your heart, Drin, but it hit 50 here yesterday, rained,
and we can now see dirty patches in the snow/slush.  (Of course it dipped
below freezing again in the night, and got a new dusting of snow...)  That
said, last year our heaviest snowfall was in late February and early
March...

Two cow's and a calf moose have moved
into our haystack area which means we do not go out at night without
taking the dogs with us so we don't run into one and get stomped .

That part sounds familiar--our feed truck got hit a few nights back by
about 20 elk, so we had to go to "orange alert" on hay...  At least the
elk run if I go out and shoosh them away (not far, granted, and they come
back), instead of just moving in and telling you to p*** off the way moose
do.

In the valley that separates Heidi and I
they have a saying " Here in the Big Hole we get to sled 7 months out of
the year ....the other 4 months we ski " :-)

I like the version that says "We have two seasons--winter and August..."

Heidi

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long